The S.E. Shires Model 6MS8 E♭ trumpet is a superlative solo and chamber instrument—brilliant, warm, and agile, its sound is powerful enough to work well in any size ensemble or hall. Owing to the combination of its centered and efficient 6MS8 bell taper and Y6H leadpipe, it plays with the ease of a small trumpet—but with the sound, intonation, and projection characteristic of the best large instruments.
- Bore: .459 inch
- 6MS8 Bell: 4 13⁄16 inch, interchangeable, one-piece, hand-hammered, tunable "6" (centered) tapers in medium-weight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seams and steel beads
- Y6H Leadpipe: .346-inch venturi, heavyweight yellow brass; efficient and clear, with great center and warmth
- Piston Material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve Cluster: two-piece casings, standard weight, with yellow-brass balusters
- Lower Valve Caps: yellow brass
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern