The S.E. Shires Vintage Elkhart trombone is an ideal instrument for any professional musician or advanced student. The red-brass bell with unsoldered bead is made in the fashion of classic, Elkhart bells of the mid-20th century. It produces a rich, warm sound with complex overtones and a wide palette of colors at all dynamic levels. This is combined with the ease of playing and projection for which S.E. Shires instruments are famed.
- 2RVE Bell: 8.5 inch, two piece, hand-hammered “TI” taper in red brass with traditionally brazed seams and unsoldered bead
- S.E. Shires dual-bore F valve
- TY Tuning Slide: yellow brass, drawn tubing
- T47YC Handslide: .547-inch bore, standard weight yellow brass, yellow-brass crook
- Three interchangeable yellow-brass leadpipes
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark and traditional floral pattern